Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison is seeking a Network Analyst to join our Network Systems team. You will be considered for a position of Systems Specialist depending on your skill and qualifications as determined by your resume and our vetting process.
- We're part of a centralized IT department that is collectively responsible for the evaluation, planning, design, and implementation for all of the topical and network infrastructure components and systems including our Outside Plant Fiber, Cisco DWDM, Cisco Sonet, Nokia MPLS, Cisco routers/switches, etc., and are responsible for the fiber plant, optical gear and network that use it as a transport from the perimeter to the corporate LANs, data centers, call centers, and control centers. The team performs designs, system upgrades, changes, testing, and troubleshooting, plus produces detailed documentation and analyzes network issues.
- Our networks are built on top of one of New York's largest private fiber optic networks and use a full range of wired and wireless technologies. Whether it's at the top of New York City's tallest buildings, the deepest tunnels, or simply a pole outside, we get data where it needs to go, securely and quickly, and a 24/7/365 NOC supports us along the way.
- Establishes architectural designs around one or more technology domains (e.g. Optical networking, Outside Plant Fiber, Internal/external protocols. MPLS, advanced technologies, network management/monitoring, security best practices, etc.) &/or business process architectures. Architectures include conceptual or actual/physical representations or models.
- Provides guidance &/or conducts architectural, configuration, solution and quality reviews. Helps coordinate with all internal IT groups and other organizations, including vendors to insure standards are implemented and issues addressed. Directs team members as required for resolution.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot infrastructure equipment.
- Prepare detailed integration and architectural diagrams to insure safety and reduce unplanned outages.
- Perform testing and problem determination of infrastructure equipment and related components, ensuring conformity to manufacturer and industry performance standards.
- Develop Request For Proposal (RFP) specifications; perform technical evaluations, and make recommendations.
- Serve as project manager for small-scale vendor installation of infrastructure components.
- Integrate new technologies and protocols into existing networks
- Assist in developing and tracking projects and their budgets
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED technical certifications And 7 years of relevant experience required. 7 years experience includes a minimum of 5 years experience designing, developing, implementing infrastructure solutions using IP
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business related disciplines. 5 years of relevant experience required.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing, developing, implementing infrastructure solutions using IP Required
- Expert level understanding of MPLS Required
- Thorough understanding of communication protocols and standards. Required
- Strong understanding of cyber security principles. Required
- Experience with implementing or integrating commercially available infrastructure components. Required
- Experience in evaluating technology and establishing standard designs. Required
- Must have a solid understanding of architectural concepts and practices leading to solutions that are reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible, e.g. service oriented architectures. Required
- Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Required
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements. Required
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Required
- Must be conversant in emerging technologies and practices, e.g. Next Generation Firewalls, security devices, and cloud computing components.
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.