Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Utilize Con Edison's internal environmental management applications including EMIS (Environmental Management Information System) which provides manifest information, Provisional EPA ID System that provides specific EPA ID request information, and Microsoft Excel to search mapping information.
- Evaluate proposed changes to regulations and laws governing waste and coordinate company involvement and advocacy strategies. Interpret and provide guidance on the applicability of any local ordinances pertaining to these subject matters.
- Manage the preparation of various reports for hazardous waste (e.g. Quarterly Superfund Tax Report; Annual Hazardous Waste Report).
- When appropriate, correspond with regulatory agencies regarding environmental incidents.
- Respond to agency inquiries and provide clarification or verification to data that has been submitted to the agencies. The information can vary from manifest data to EPA ID information.
- Participate in agency inspections.
- Assist operating departments in developing cost-effective and compliant strategies for managing waste practices.
- Act as liaison between EH&S and operating organizations in interfacing with government agencies on waste issues.
- Develop and review and update company waste procedures, instructions and specifications.
- Provide technical support to Supply Chain during bid reviews.
- Participate in EH&S Emergency Resource Mobilization during emergencies. As necessary, be available to work overtime and shift work.
- Audit company locations to confirm regulatory compliance,
- Perform audits ofTSDF locations within the NYC Metro Area.
- Manage vendor audits ofTSDF locations nationwide.
- Audit waste classes at the TLC.
- Coordinate Quarterly Waste meetings.
- Performs other related task and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Environmental Management, Engineering or a related field.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of two years of professional experience working on issues requiring oversight of federal and state waste programs. Required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.