Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for analyzing and evaluating new technologies and measures for inclusion into the department's efficiency and demand response programs.
- Required to track new and emerging technologies, and to associate with other organizations (such as CEE, EPRI, ESOURCE and GRI) that research, evaluate and recommend energy efficiency measures as directed.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify program measures that should be modified/added or eliminated to offer increased program and customer value.
- Support the program management team in the implementation of various energy efficiency programs.
- Provide sales support to the business development team in promoting energy efficiency and demand management programs.
- Required to understand the industry and business of the customer, the issues customers deal with and how energy relates to their business.
- Assist the department in preparing reports in response to Public Service Commission orders and inquiries
- Represent the Department on program measure issues with DPS Staff, utilities, NYSERDA and other entities as needed.
- Participate in various state-wide reporting and technical requirements discussions regarding the potential state-wide energy efficiency platform
- May perform other related assignments as required by the Section Manager.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Science, Architecture or Technology felds, Economics/Finance or related field And 5-8 years Relevant work experience
- Master's Degree Engineering
Required Work Experience
- 5-7 years Experience in design or construction, conducting vendor, project management and business case development Required
- Experience in developing, negotiating and signing contracts with vendors Required
- Experience in energy efficiency technologies Required
- Strong technical writing abilities and oral communication skills Required
- Business modeling experience Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.