Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Candidate must be able to perform operational functions; including the operation of boilers, turbines, generators and all auxiliary equipment in a steam generating station.
- Candidate must have the ability to perform mechanical maintenance tasks and heavy manual labor.
- Qualify in all of the station's operating posts including, but not limited to: Rover, Control Room, and perform electrical high tension switching.
- Perform work involving steam production, working with steam generating boilers, boiler feed pumps and fans, turbine-generators and related auxiliary equipment, water treatment systems, and fuel delivery systems.
- Work in confined areas, in hot and cold environments, and at high elevations.
- Perform extensive walking, climbing, standing, and have the ability to push/pull/lift equipment and materials (up to 50 lbs.)
- Be medically qualified to wear a respirator.
- Drive in the service territory with a valid driver's license.
- Use hand and power tools.
- Work a full rotating shift and perform mechanical maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of boiler water chemistry and steam cycles.
- High School Diploma/GED And relevant Power Plant, Merchant Marine or United States Navy other related maritime experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering
Required Work Experience
- Relevant Power Plant, Merchant Marine or United States Navy other related maritime experience. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confimed spaces
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.