Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develop, prepare and track business plans, goals, master plan, rate case items, budgets, etc.
- Analyze trends and information and make recommendations from own or other's programs to determine overall effectiveness and the need to modify, add, or delete programs.
- Prepare and revise Company specifications in conformance with PSC, DOT, OSHA and other laws and regulations.
- Provide interpretation of specifications and codes.
- Support R&D projects and industry developments associated with gas construction, distribution and maintenance.
- Provide engineering guidance to field personnel in any area or department and acts as the Company's representative when dealing with external organizations, agencies, etc.
- Write technical reports and conduct technical presentations to all levels of management.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And 2 years' relevant work experience Associate Engineer A (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And 3 years' relevant work experience & 1 year of management experience in same areas Engineer (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And 8 years' relevant work experience with 3 years of management experience in same areas Sr. Engineer (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Relevant work experience in engineering, construction, or other operations area.
- Req And
- Knowledge of 16 NYCRR 255 AND 49 CFR 192. Req And
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal/external customers and agencies and various levels of management. Req And
- Project Management experience. Pref And
- Knowledge of codes, standards, procedures and specifications. Pref And
- Knowledge of Byers or Vision. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines And
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills And
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to travel to attend various meetings at non-Company locations.
- Must be able to visit field sites in all types of weather as required and wear the associated PPE.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.