Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Oversees compliance activity for a portfolio of energy efficiency, demand management and capital programs.
- Attains compliance-focused knowledge of department practices and policies associated with program activity, including by existing audit results and activity and conducting appropriate risk assessments.
- Prepares risk logs and reports on risk findings based on best practices, Company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Develops policies and procedures, action plans and mitigation strategies to address department risks, including policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Tracks the implementation of recommendations and monitors activities to ensure continuous progress.
- Communicates the department's compliance activities to department leadership and employees.
- Consults with department personnel including program managers to recommend and assist with changes to policies and procedures based on risk assessments, monitoring and audit findings.
- Actively leads business initiatives while advising and assisting the business on change initiatives.
- Prepares presentations and other compliance training materials for department trainings.
- Promotes a strong code of ethics and integrity within the department's operations.
- Reviews and updates compliance policies on an annual basis and based on risk assessments, reviews and audits of activities.
- Writes department policies and procedures for employees to follow and serves as the main point of contact.
- Identifies procedural improvements in high volume or risk areas and shares findings and participates in finding solutions.
- Carries out new ideas and designs to enhance processes, oversight, and tools.
- Regularly interacts with all team members of the department and uses relationship skills to influence and achieve compliance objectives.
- Keeps current on best industry practices and company and regulatory policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate
Required Work Experience
- 5-7 years Rlevant work experience in compliance or internal audit Preferred
- Experience in implementing a compliance program in a department or across a company Preferred
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build consensus Preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically to anticipate industry developments and regulatory changes and how compliance objectives might be impacted Preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization Preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize based on risks and business needs Preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail Preferred
- Proven creativity, and problem solving skills Preferred
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Preferred
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Preferred
- Possesses a high degree of integrity and ethical standards Preferred
- Experience in customer engagement to drive desired participation Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Preferred
- Utility industry and knowledge of energy efficiency and demand management a plus Preferred
- Project management experience Pref
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Preferred
- Other: Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.