Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Independently and collaboratively, the supervisor will increase employee morale, maintain personnel schedules, ensure training requirements are met, and accurately complete regulatory compliance documents.
- Safely, effectively, and efficiently, oversee Manhattan Environmental Operations waste water treatment facility, underground structure cleaning, and environmental waste management & cleanup operations to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate, direct, and oversee the work activities of Con Edison weekly employees and contractor support personnel by providing support and direct oversight in the remediation of waste which includes proper handling, accurate manifesting, and disposal.
- Ensure the efficient and environmentally compliant operation of the mobile fleet for Environmental Operations, including the proper scheduling of maintenance of the vactor fleet.
- Work with Environmental Ops Work Organizers to ensure that an executable schedule of environmental cleanups and flushes is created and continuously evaluate work performance and provide timely feedback and coaching to improve quality and productivity.
- Work with the Environmental Desk in the Manhattan Control Center to order tankers, organize construction resources for elimination of the spill source, and environmental sampling from the Chem Lab to complete environmental cleanups.
- Ensure timely updates are provided to the Central EH&S Desk and MECC Environmental Desk on environmental cleanup jobs so that EMIS is updated. Proper documentation shall be filled out in accordance with regulatory guidance for NYSDEC approval.
- Ensure accurate and timely approval of recorded work hours, and work closure of Con Edison weekly and contractor employees in the associated Logica systems (e.g. ARM Web Portal, Asset Manager).
- Ensure that contractor performance is captured and documented in the Contractor Oversight System. Contractor Oversight Reports & six month Contractor Evaluation Reports will be completed.
- Ensure that contractor work hours and billing are accurate on invoices submitted. They will be responsible for submitting work documentation for reconciliation against invoices submitted by vendors.
- Acts as a liaison with external environmental agencies and ensures that the work performed by the agency is consistent with company specifications.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with two years related experience, Or
- Associate's Degree with four years related experience, Or
- High School Diploma/GED with five years related experience.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in Electric Construction or Electric Operations preferred.
- General knowledge of Con Edison's underground electrical distribution system and related safety and environmental procedures associated with operation and maintenance of the system is preferred.
- Ideal candidates should have familiarity of Environmental Operations work streams and demonstrate knowledge of the processes that govern them.
- Candidates must have the ability to coordinate, direct, and oversee the work activities of Con Edison weekly employees and contractor support personnel.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and must demonstrate strong qualities in leadership, decision making, initiative, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal skills coupled with a drive to enhance the experience of our customers and achieve their satisfaction.
- Candidates must demonstrate analytical capabilities related to cost management, be flexible to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities and understand the vital importance of personal accountability.
- Candidates must demonstrate working abilities with computers and computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, & Power Point).
- Working knowledge of Avail, Oracle/Project One, EMIS, COS, and the Logica Suite (Asset Manager, Work Manager, ARM Web Portal, ARM Scheduler, and Field Manager) is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel within Con Edison service territory as required.
- Must be able to work in underground structures, confined spaces, climb ladders, lift equipment, and walk extensively.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a minimum of a CDL class B with tanker vehicle, hazardous waste and air brake endorsements (or equivalent).
- Must have or be able to obtain NYSDOL Asbestos Supervisor or Handler certificate.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift (X schedule), that includes working weekends, holidays, nights, and scheduled days off.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.