Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Own and drive the development and execution of sound partnerships with our most important partners such as NYSERDA, New York City, organizations representing customers, and Architecture and Engineering firms, with strong accountability for delivering concrete, coordinated and complementary energy efficiency and distributed energy resources offerings, such as pilots, that contribute towards annual goals, and advance our priorities and business needs with a clear articulation of customer and business value enhancement.
- Be responsible for and take ownership of development and execution of new modes of coordination that enhance customer and business value with our important partners on both existing energy efficiency and distributed energy resource offerings as well as any new offerings they launch or advocate for, so Company can continue to execute on its goals while leveraging synergies creatively.
- Professionally, and with sound business judgment and integrity, establish external stakeholder channel relationships to build mutually beneficial alliances that support our partnership objectives, with full accountability for measurable outcomes, with an overall enterprise and partnership alliance view.
- Assist senior Energy Efficiency and Demand Management (EEDM) staff on key issues impacting the business by monitoring developments in laws and regulations related to energy efficiency and demand management, especially Energy Efficiency including Gas Energy Efficiency, Distributed Energy Resources, Non-wires Alternatives, Non-pipes Alternative, and Demand Response by (i) developing advocacy materials tailored to stakeholder channels that advance Company business needs, and (ii) reviewing filings and developing detailed summaries.
- Assist EEDM operations teams in meeting reporting obligations including reporting requirements related to department programs as well as reporting of additional shareholder earnings related to EEDM.
- Assist in analysis of the impact of potential changes in market rules or rates, including rate cases and other policy developments, on the ability of EEDM to successfully execute its programs and meet targets.
- Work with internal stakeholders to help formulate company positions and proposals on key issues and help prepare position papers on energy issues relevant to our advocacy priorities.
- Work cross-functionally with Program Delivery, Evaluation, Measurement and Verification, Strategy and Planning, and Strategic Services teams within the department in order to help develop detailed compliance reports and assist in development of clear explanations of business, procedural and regulatory rules and constraints.
- Develop clear and concise but thorough documents that articulate policy positions, and develop effective and detailed memos, written material for filings, and policy recommendations for consideration by senior management.
- The Project Specialist will also be called upon to assist in corporate emergencies as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- Energy efficiency, demand-side management, operations or regulatory or policy experience is required. Required
- Relationship management and/or negotiation experience (with strategic alliances) is required. Required
- Excellent oral and written communications, and especially interactions with senior executives, required. Required
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills required. Required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management required. Required
- Experience working in a regulated utility regulatory environment preferred. Preferred
- Familiarity with Con Edison energy efficiency and demand management programs preferred. Preferred
- Familiarity with organizations active in the New York energy and utility industry relating to Clean Energy or Energy Efficiency and Demand Response or Low- and Moderate-Income customers desirable. Preferred
- Familiarity with decision making process in utility companies preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.