Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- College seniors and recent college graduates are invited to join the exciting, rapidly evolving utility industry by applying to Con Edison's Growth Opportunities for Leadership Development (GOLD) 2020 program. Our GOLD Program introduces recent college graduates to a unique environment that encourages critical thinking, initiative, and open communication.
- The GOLD Program is an 18-month leadership development program comprised of three six-month assignments. GOLD Associates perform entry-level management assignments in various departments to acquire broad based knowledge of Con Edison's structure and operations. Through a series of practical, rotational job assignments, mentoring, and senior management guidance, GOLD Associates tackle challenging supervisory and project-based positions. In each rotation, Associates are expected to learn the department's role in the organization, identify, and make recommendations to improve the operation.
- Formal presentations to the Review Committee after each rotational assignment to recount the challenges, accomplishments, and lessons learned during the assignment are a core component of the program. In addition, the preparation of clear, concise reports as requested by the Review Committee are required.
- Upon successful completion of the program, GOLD Associates will be poised to advance within the company.
- Bachelor's Degree A Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Management or Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or Environmental Science within the past 2 years is required.
- Master's Degree Master of Engineering, Master of Science in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or Master of Science in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Management or Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or Environmental Science within the past 2 years is required.
Required Work Experience
- Applicants must have a Valid Driver's License and access to a car. Required
- A minimum overall 3.0 GPA. Required
- Upload a copy of most recent unofficial academic transcript to the Additional Documents section of the online application Req
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective leadership skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.