Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develop gas rate designs that meet the required revenue level and recognize cost of service indications, competitive conditions and customer impacts.
- Prepare analyses related to revenue allocation and rate design in support of gas rates and services: Research other utilities rates and tariffs.
- Develop monthly rates and monthly rate adjustments applicable to the Company's gas rates and services; forecasts of gas charges and the resulting impacts on customers bills; and periodic reconciliations of cost recovery mechanisms.
- Interpret regulatory commission orders and determine their impact on the gas tariff. Prepare necessary tariff language, rate revisions and supporting documentation and/or work papers in response to Commission orders
- Prepare filing letters and accompanying language to cover revisions to the gas tariff. This requires excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Prepare testimony, exhibits and workpapers for use in regulatory proceedings. When and where required, testify as a subject matter expert in regulatory proceedings.
- Interact, communicate and exchange information with personnel from the Company's other departments and other utilities in the conduct of job responsibilities.
- Represent the Company at meetings with regulatory agencies and other outside organizations with regard to the Company's rates and tariffs.
- Interpret, and answer inquiries, both internal and external, concerning provisions of the Company's gas tariff and pricing structures.
- Design, modify and use computer systems, (e.g. personal computer applications and mainframe systems) that provide data analyses which support the computation of the Company's rates and all other responsibilities of this position; maintain well organized files and accurate records, including maintaining back-up for computer files and safeguarding computer facilities, reports, and workpapers.
- Where applicable, train the subsection's personnel to develop the skills required in the preparation of work assignments and establish the subsection's work assignments.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- Master's Degree Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Engineering preferred
Required Work Experience
- For Sr. Analyst (2L) - At least four years of relevant experience including experience performing technical studies or analyses. Required
- For Sr. Rate Analyst (2H) - At least six years of relevant experience including experience performing technical studies or analyses Required
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines on deliverables requiring a high degree of accuracy Required
- Must possess excellent computer skills with extensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills Required
- Must possess excellent mathematical, decision-making and interpersonal skills Required
- Experience with MS Access and SQL Preferred
- Experience with preparation and filing of rate cases Preferred
- Experience with customer mainframe systems and financials systems Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.