Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conduct strategic, financial and technical analysis of existing businesses and potential business opportunities.
- Participate in all phases of M&A including monitoring the business landscape and conducting research on potential candidates to assess valuation, attractiveness and execution potential.
- Coordinate activities of analysts in data gathering and analysis including assessment of the business landscape for M&A opportunities and issues affecting our M&A strategies as well as monitoring, valuing and assessment business developments of potential transaction candidates.
- Work collaboratively with various organizations across the Company and interact with all levels within the organization (officers, directors, managers and analysts).
- Evaluate growth opportunities. Will develop frameworks for and manage important modeling and analytics to support development teams as well as to advise CEI and business unit management on major project proposals.
- Manage and coordinate research and analysis of business opportunities as well as the development of information on industry trends and the status of other companies in our industry. Participate in ongoing corporate strategy work related to both the regulated and competitive businesses.
- Support an ongoing dialog between the senior management team and the CEI Board, requiring strong communication skills and executive presence.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business related discipline
- Master's Degree in a Business related discipline
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Economics
Required Work Experience
- 8 to 10 years relevant work experience with a minimum of 5 years in the energy industry. Required
- Prior valuation, financial modeling and transaction experience in the energy industry. Required
- Knowledge of financial modeling/evaluation, strategic analysis/tools and due diligence processes. Required
- Demonstrated ability to lead, participate in, and manage teams. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communications, presentation and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must have strong leadership skills, which includes supervising, motivating and developing subordinates. Required
- Must have the ability to make critical decisions and demonstrate sound judgment in diverse project assignments. Required
- Knowledge of and prior experience with renewable energy projects including market fundamentals, valuations, tax-equity and other financing mechanisms. Preferred
- Possess management consulting experience or investment banking. Preferred
- Experience in communicating with and influencing senior management team Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.