Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support CET business development through understanding of critical technical elements of Electrical Transmission design and planning. The position will design work streams, procure and manage consulting engineering services related to the advance of CET projects and business development goals. The position will require knowledge and comfort with engaging a range of engineering disciplines. This include procurement of mechanical, civil, structural, environmental, transmission control equipment and systems and tasks to ensure compliance with environmental, safety and efficiency targets.
- The Manager will require knowledge and experience with managing projects. The position will have a technical understanding of transmission planning. The position should demonstrate an economic understanding of transmission planning and the application of commercial decision-making within a technical environment.
- The Manager will be responsible for specific projects related to business development, investment assessment and management oversight of electric transmission or gas transmission projects and investments. The Manager will also be called upon to manage the process conducting due diligence for potential acquisition opportunities and investment opportunities.
- The Manager should be team-oriented and is expected to support other CET initiatives, special projects and assignment as need to support CET's business plans and objectives.
- The Manager will be responsible for performing technical, economic, financial and other analyses to support evaluations of existing and potential Con Edison Transmission (CET) electric transmission investments and acquisitions.
- Provide project management support for initiatives required to establish CET management systems, policies and procedures required for the growth and development of CET business and capabilities.
- Ensure that appropriate technical equipment standards are utilized for the purchase of equipment to achieve design basis functionality in a safe, efficient, reliable and readily maintainable manner.
- Ensure that appropriate Engineering services are provided to resolve problems that have or could affect the safe and reliable operation of existing equipment.
- Ensure that CET personnel or contracted consulting engineers or suppliers are adequately trained and qualified in their respective Engineering areas of expertise to perform assigned tasks and that they are available in sufficient quantity to provide timely execution of required functions.
- Establish, communicate, reinforce and maintain personnel performance and behavior standards within CET.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree B.S in Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering. And 8 years of full time work experience.
- Master's Degree MBA or M.S. in Management or Masters in Electrical , Civil, or Mechanical Engineering with the pre-requisite B.S. in Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering. And A minimum of 6 years full time work experience.
Required Work Experience
- Must have experience in at least 2 of the 6 following areas: Transmission Planning, Electric Operations, Transmission Operations, System Operations, Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Design Engineering. Req And
- At least four years of experience in the fields of electric transmission and substations Required
- Electric transmission business development experience - the individual should have an interest or experience related to development of investment opportunities, investment assessment and management oversight of electric transmission investments and businesses. The individual will have an ambition to want to build a business and have a commercial instinct. This can be demonstrated through an interest and/or experience in investment analysis and management of investments. Required
- Experience leading projects that have delivered desired results on time. Required
- Strong written and oral communications skills. Required
- Must be a team player with high energy willing to lean in and assist in other critical work streams for the team. Required
- Experience working in a consulting engineering environment as a team or engagement leader or as a client engagement manager is preferred Preferred
- Transmission planning experience preferred. Preferred
- Project management experience preferred. Preferred
- Experience procuring and managing consulting engineering firms or experience within consulting engineering firms providing such services. Preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of electric systems and high voltage transmission systems.
- Knowledge of transmission equipment and operations.
- Experience in highly technical areas such as power plants, substation, facilities and transmission structures.
- Should have excellent analytical skills, strong problem solving skills. In addition, the candidate should have the ability to evaluate the analysis of other employees and make strong and justifiable decisions.
- Must have a strong understanding of utility financials.
- Must have an understanding of the procurement process.
- Excellent presentation skills are a must as is the ability to read and write technical reports including financial justifications, failure reports and appropriations.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, packages, specifications and scopes.
- Must have strong listening skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people with different communication styles.
- Should have strong problem solving skills and excellent analytical skills.
- Should have excellent commercial skills with judgement that informed with what is economic and understand the trade-offs of risk and return.
- The candidate should have the ability to evaluate the analysis of other employees and make strong and justifiable decisions.
- Candidates need to be skilled in building business relationships and have the ability to lead others.
- Strong business negotiating skills.
- Must have team leadership experience. In addition, candidate must have experience in managing multi-disciplinary projects, both internal and external to the company.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.