Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Scrum Master supports the Digital Factory product team on their understanding of Agile and deliver a product. It is the Scrum Master's role to teach the team agile practices, facilitate Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and shield them from external distractions. Scrum Master brings the Product Owner and the team together and helps them understand each other. This individual is also a personal coach for team members and an innovator who constantly seek continuous improvement and builds high performing teams.
- Build and coach high performing teams.
- Look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles.
- Ensure teams actions are aligned with the project goals / vision.
- Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams.
- Bring transparency to Business and IT organization about development and grow trust.
- Identify trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner.
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt.
- Follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures
- Share a responsibility to advance the company's mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities - safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible.
- customer experience
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 5+ years of professional experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree three (3) years of professional experience
- Associate's Degree four (4) years of professional experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience working on software products in any capacity and knowledgeable about the software development life cycle. Required
- Has strong communication skills with ability to articulate the value of a priorities to clients / users. Required
- Is passionate about problem solving. Required
- Collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative. Required
- Experience working in agile environment is a plus. Preferred
- Clarity in vision of what needs to be built, how it needs to be built, and convey that vision to the team and stakeholders.
- Uncover hidden risks 2-3 levels deep within the team.
- Synthesize abstract ideas into concrete implications for the product.
- Sees value in taking an iterative approach to development.
- Is open to learning new ideas outside scope.
Licenses & Certifications
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.