Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Senior System Analyst will function as the senior systems administrator for the implementation and support of the AMI platform, which includes Meter Data Management (MDM) and Meter Asset Management (MAM). This function is required in order to design, implement and support the software platform which will be used for the AMI initiative. This crucial role is required in order that the appropriate system capacity is available for all environments and instances for both the MDM and MAM application software. Once implemented this role will continue to act as the lead for any technical or business related changes, which will accommodate the collection of data from all 5 million smart meters.
- The Senior System Analyst will be working cross functionally with various Information Technology support teams as well as customers throughout the company to continuously improve application and systems performance and adhere to corporate computing security requirements.
- The Senior System Analyst will be a critical member of the AMI Project team and will at times be asked to participate in all areas of the project, including working closely and leading various AMI and Information Technology teams project work.
- Responsible for the upkeep for all instances of the MDM and MAM application running on both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Lead application installations, configuration and upgrades during the project phase and during steady state.
- Develop and document application associated standards to be used as a basis for technology implementation and operational support.
- Identify areas for infrastructure improvements to enhance performance capabilities of the application and the application servers.
- Ability to lead technical projects as required.
- Work with cross function Information Technology teams as required in order to improve infrastructure and application performance.
- Senior application administrator responsible for testing all system updates in a test environment before applying to production systems.
- Responsible for monitoring daily backups for both MAM and MDM applications.
- Take the necessary actions to work with server and storage operations to ensure ad-hoc backups are executed when required.
- Oversee the daily tasks of the system analyst to ensure that operational practices are being adhered to.
- Responsible for the delegation of the Systems Specialist when necessary.
- Provide daily reports of the overnight batch processes, which are critical to the integrity of the systems, to the Systems Manager.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. And a minimum of four (4) years Work experience in IT field
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Required Work Experience
- 3-5 years Systems application development/administration experience with proven ability to understand Windows and Linux servers and SAN storage. Required
- Three (3) years or more experience in Systems Management, to include implementing system improvements and assessing application performance risks. Required
- Two (2) or more years of experience with leading cross functional teams project work; preferably in Information Technology. Required
- Three (3) years of experience working with large projects. Required
- Works well independently and as part of a team. Required
- Strong leadership skills required to include leading and facilitating teams and meetings/workshops/training sessions. Required
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project). Required
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems. Required
- SQL, Oracle, SQL server, JAVA, Dot.net. Self-driven and quick learner to take on MDMS & UIQ, custom devt. Must demonstrate personal leadership, take initiative, drive project delivery and support 24/7 operations.
- Strong experience with mission critical systems and storage efforts or projects. Preferred
- Application projects which required working with software developers to ensure that best practices were followed. Preferred
- Application performance management. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be flexible with work hours, be on call and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.