Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison is one of the leading clean energy utilities in the United States. The Energy Efficiency and Demand Management Department ("EEDM") invests over $250MM a year in helping customers reduce energy consumption and demand via energy efficiency, demand response, and clean electrification of heating. These activities are both critical to avoiding climate change and making the NYC and Westchester power and gas systems more efficient. Underpinning all of these activities, and necessary for the development of any new ones, is the State's Benefit Cost Analysis ("BCA") framework. The utility must demonstrate that each endeavor it undertakes is societally benefit-cost positive. These analyses also impact the compensation the utility receives for successful execution. Beyond BCAs, EEDM is frequently called to conduct other economic or policy analyses supporting its and the broader company's goals.
- The Economic Analysis Leader will join the EEDM Strategy team to own and lead the application of the State's BCA framework across EEDM (projects seeking to defer or avoid utility infrastructure, Demand Response programs, and Energy Efficiency programs) and its sister organizations (electric vehicles, grid edge investment, energy storage etc.) He or she will maintain and enhance the analytical frameworks and tools necessary to run BCAs for both existing and growth initiatives. The Leader will also partner with these groups to set them up to run BCAs, oversee the work, and validate the integrity and accuracy of the analysis. The Leader will engage with SMEs across the entire business to update and enhance the assumptions underpinning the various cost and benefit streams. The Leader will also lead the Company's efforts to quantify and incorporate new cost and benefit streams as needed.
- Own the Con Edison Societal BCA framework, and lead efforts to amend, evolve, extend, or adapt as necessary
- Own the master BCA analysis tool, and update to reflect the latest BCA framework
- Consult with business owners on their application of the BCA tools
- Sign off on the validity and integrity of results
- Join the Regulatory team in meetings with Department of Public Service Staff and stakeholders on BCA-related topics
- Lead other economic analyses as they arise.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree Economics, Public Policy,
- Sustainability, or a related field.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience Required
- Prior experience doing energy efficiency, demand management, or DER program (societal, UCT, and/or RIM) Required
- Demonstrated success working across functions to obtain SME input and leadership buy in. Required
- Advanced excel skills Required
- 3 years experience with Master's Degree Preferred
- Prior experience in econometrics or statistical modeling. Preferred
- Utility energy effeciency program experience. Preferred
- Experience writing reports synthesizing findings for both Regulatory/Academic and lay audiences. Preferred
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and powerpoint). Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.