Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights, and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques.
- Integrate and prepare large, varied datasets, create specialized databases, and communicate results.
- Work closely with internal clients, project/program managers, and IT teams to turn data into actionable insights and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions.
- Present findings to the business by explaining assumptions and validation work in a way that can be easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with and lead discovery process to identify business requirements and expected outcomes.
- Design meaningful and useful experiments, test hypothesis, and build models and frameworks to solve critical business problems and predict future results.
- Identify what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, as well as leveraging new data collection processes such as via smart meters and geo-location or social media.
- Work with IT teams to support and make strategic recommendations on data collection, integration, and retention requirements and implementation.
- Incorporate and integrate data science and analytical best practices into current business practices and processes.
- Educate the organization (business and IT) on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results. Help the organization understand the principles and processes to drive organizational buy-in.
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Lead department metrics development and reporting on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Respond to data and analysis requests from internal and external stakeholders and regulators.
- Lead and continuously improve EE and DM program forecasting, including data gathering and modeling.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree or PhD strongly preferred
- Degree preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of six years of business experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Minimum of four years of experience with a Master's Degree or PhD.
- Minimum of two years of direct report management experience required.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, dimensionality reduction, and optimization algorithms is required.
- Expertise in tools such as R, Python, Hadoop, SQL is required. Data munging/wrangling proficiency is required.
- Ability to work with unstructured data is required.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms is a plus.
- Data visualization and communication skills and experience required including with Tableau. Experience with Data modeling tools is required - preferably including VBA and Analytica.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) are required. Public speaking and presentation experience and skills a plus.
- Experience in the utility and/or energy industry a plus.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.