Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Information Technology Business Systems Delivery Analytics team is seeking a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. This individual will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and expanding our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Expands, optimizes, consults on the technologies used to support analytics, such as Oracle Utilites Analytics, Work Management Analytics, EBS Analytics and Enterprise Data Analytics platforms (EDAP)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Analyze business processes, functions and procedures to identify opportunities, define business requirements, and design solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Maintain corporate data separated and secured across national boundaries through multiple data centers and cloud solutions
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, PostGres, Oracle and other big data cloud technologies
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Responsible for operational support of analytics systems
- Enterprise responsibility for extending, and customizing analytics applications built on the Enterprise Data Analytics Platform.
- Identifies reuse opportunities across projects.
- Configures and utilizes collaborative lifecycle management tools that support the development lifecycle, i.e. requirements documentation, test planning, test management and execution.
- Manage and monitor services of the company analytics platform
- Provides 24x7 ''on call'' support
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science , Information Technology or Related discipline
- Master's Degree Computer Science , Information Technology or Related discipline
Required Work Experience
- 5-7 years Experience with system/data integration, development or implementation of enterprise and/or cloud software Req
- 5-7 years experience ETL development Req
- 5-7 years experience developing business intelligence and analytics solutions Req
- 5-7 years Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases. Req
- 5-7 years Working knowledge of web services/ REST Preferred
- Technically savvy with major implementation technologies including Web applications, enterprise data integration, and object-relational data modeling Preferred
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets. Preferred
- Data modeling experience to support analytic, such as dimensional modeling Preferred
- Knowledge of BI, Analytics, Cassandra or other NoSQL technology Preferred
- Working knowledge of Agile Software development methodology Preferred
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques Preferred
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets. Preferred
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement. Preferred
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable -big data- data stores. Preferred
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc. Preferred
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.