Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Performs a lead role in a wide range of technology initiatives to support the business priorities of the company. Supports the roadmaps in one or more IT domains, i.e. solution, application, business or data/information architecture. Ensures integration within and between domains by assessing solution options and design information/data models and other models of the systems and IT environments. Establishes and/or collaborates on solution architect standards and integration. This position is necessary to optimize the company's AMI portfolio and provide strong technical guidance.
- Work with users to prepare requirement analysis for implementation of new systems or enhancement of existing systems.
- Develop and maintain functional scope and technical design documentation for assigned applications.
- Able to plan, coordinate, and facilitate functional or technical design workshops.
- Makes recommendations for improving application configuration or performance.
- Follows up on recommendations by developing tangible implementation proposals and detailed plans.
- Drives the development of architectures around one or more technology domains (e.g. application, data, advanced technologies, Software As A Service, Operating Systems, Mobility, etc) &/or business process architectures. Architectures include conceptual or actual/physical representations or models.
- Monitors the IT & business industry as well as best practices; develops strategies for implementation.
- Identifies, evaluates and develops roadmaps for the integration of business processes, applications, technologies and infrastructure, including vendor & internally developed applications.
- Participate in projects including but not limited to resources, scope, schedule & overall project plans.
- Collaborates with peers; researches, establishes and updates technical standards; manages application development lifecycle and methodologies, provides oversight on processes and other governance responsibilities.
- Provides guidance and/or conducts architectural, configuration, solution & quality reviews. Takes the lead on issues requiring coordination with all internal IT groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure that issues are addressed. Directs team members as required for resolution.
- Researches/provides recommendations for technical solutions, designs and architecture.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Clearly articulate technical issues or concepts to functional and business users.
- Train MAM and MDM senior and system analysts to perform all aspects of implementation and on-going support
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related preferred And a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience IT preferred
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related preferred And a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience IT preferred
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing, solutions, implementing technologies in one or more domains, e.g. applications, data or integration. Required
- Experience with implementing or integrating custom / commercially available application suites. Required
- Must have a solid understanding of architectural concepts and practices leading to solutions that are reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible, e.g. service oriented architectures. Required
- Must be conversant in emerging technologies and practices, e.g. Big Data/Analytics, Cloud (SaaS, PaaS), mobile, sensors (Internet of Things). Required
- Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Preferred
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines.. Preferred
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements. Preferred
- Ability to motivate, challenge and develop staff. Preferred
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Preferred
- Extensive experience with infrastructure build out projects Preferred
- Skilled in project management, network systems design and implementation utilizing state-of-the-art computer, network and communications systems. Preferred
- Extensive hands on experience with implementation and operations support of mission critical applications Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to inspire and develop staff
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be flexible with work hours, be on call and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.