Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Systems Manager is responsible for directing and leading a team to successfully develop and implement AMI business solutions that give the optimum business value to the business organizations supported. Leads planning of AMI application roadmaps with respects to upgrades, vendor product lifecycles, functional enhancements; adherence to policies and compliance surrounding application security, cyber security, personal identification information, disaster recovery, Sarbanes Oxley, Corporate Risk Management, EH&S and software maintenance contracts. Uses development methodologies that allow quick responses to the changing needs of the customers. Provides thought leadership in a wide range of technology initiatives to support the business priorities of the company. Manages and collaborates with multiple vendors and service providers, works with employees across IT and business areas, directs a dedicated project team, and engages with project sponsors. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships built on transparency and trust.
- Lead a high performing and energetic technical team to develop and manage high quality, integrated IT solutions utilizing strong technical and management skills.
- Plan for and support AMI releases, guide IT solution design and delivery, provide a sound foundation (product, process & process) in managing IT systems and meet operational SLAs.
- The candidate will be responsible for the overall platform, ensure sound and robust IT designs are implemented, be accountable for technical aspects of the solution in terms of system configuration, developing custom objects, conversion programs, and system interfaces.
- Ensure the relevant AMI IT systems can scale and support meter deployment volumes and deliver billing data, event and alarm data and support business operations 24/7 demonstrating operational excellence.
- Plan for project work: Scope, resources, budget, effort and ensure the team is positioned to support the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile projects and meet release dates and go-live implementations.
- Develop, communicate and influence strategic direction and represent IT with supported lines of business and work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) for AMI project releases.
- Ability to take on challenges, work with unknowns and lead the team to manage change in a fast paced evolving environment.
- Identifies, evaluates and develops roadmaps for all applications, technologies and infrastructure, including vendor and internally developed applications.
- Manage and bring together multiple vendors and service providers, cross-functional teams and consistently demonstrate inclusion in decision-making.
- Develops staff; researches/provides recommendation on technical training, evaluates/provides feedback for skill development of senior technical staff.
- Define and ensure deliverables are met per contract and other obligations, Manage vendor and contract personnel.
- The individual must be highly organized, motivated, and able to manage multiple priorities. The individual must be hands-on and proficient in developing and presenting content to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Partner with the AMI Project Business Team and the AMI Operations Center (AOC), interfacing Business System Development IT Teams, Customer Operations, Electric Operations, and Gas Operations to lead the support and enhancement of assigned systems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships built on transparency and trust; must be able to manage cross-functional teams; consistently demonstrate inclusion in decision-making.
- Champion change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas throughout this project; be responsible for communicating with the business to identify emerging or changing needs and evaluate alternative solutions and scope change.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and interact effectively, be proficient in developing presentations to convey the message in a clear and succinct fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Monitor policy and compliance surrounding application security, cyber security, personal identification information, disaster recovery, Sarbanes Oxley, Corporate Risk Management, EH&S and software license and maintenance contracts.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering, or related field And 8 years of relevant experience Experience designing, developing, implementing and operating technologies in one or more IT domains, e.g. applications, data, solution, infrastructure, process change management.
- Master's Degree Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering, or related field And 6 years of relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 8 years experience designing, developing, implementing and operating technologies in one or more IT domains, e.g. applications, data, solution, infrastructure, process change management. Required
- Three to five (3-5) years leadership or managerial experience. Required
- Experience working on complex IT projects with a demonstrated ability to lead varied stakeholders and vendors to a successful outcome. Required
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Required
- Ability to motivate, challenge and develop technical staff. Preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication. Must be able to easily engage stakeholders and maintain open communications. Preferred
- Must be able to interact with senior leadership, external stakeholders and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Preferred
- Ability to direct multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Preferred
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans, priorities, and estimate. Preferred
- Must possess high integrity and work ethic and must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, achieving operational excellence, developing an inclusive and engagement culture, enhancing customers experience, as well as implementing Human Performance Improvements (HPI). Preferred
- Proficient use and understanding of technical architecture designs and technical component designs, integration design documents, and technology patterns (queues, web services, BizTalk, big data etc.). Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making Preferred
- Technology Engineering and Operations experience Preferred
- Familiarity with data visualization and analytics tools Preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships built on transparency and trust Pref
- Experience in business systems implementation involving vendors and other systems owners for integration and production support.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Training and/or certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.