Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Develop and test the communication for new SCADA equipment being deployed to support the operation of the electric power distribution systems.
- Manage and improve the distribution historian, to support system growth and unlock analytical opportunities.
- Manage firmware updates as needed for SCADA applications.
- Work with IT to forecast and plan SCADA and Historian upgrades when required due to expansion from new projects.
- Issue root cause analysis reports as well as test findings.
- Provide ad-hoc data analytics within short timeframes for event analysis and executive summaries.
- Modify and configure alarm and event lists for the Distribution SCADA System.
- Create and maintain Access, SQL, JAVA, HTML, SharePoint and other code to provide customers with real time and routine reports and interfaces.
- Work with engineers and technicians to develop alerts from Pi Asset Framework
- Develop and improve scripts to automate more tasks related to SCADA programs.
- Work with field crews to troubleshoot communication with remote devices.
- Provide recommendations and strategies for future event prevention and mitigation.
- Comfortable occasionally going to field locations to support analysis or testing.
- Respond to emergency calls by operating departments and makes decisions within his/her area of responsibility.
- Work with Purchasing and Cost Management to create and monitor purchase orders.
- Perform technical evaluations associated with SCADA systems.
- Creates and sustains a workplace environment that fosters professionalism, honesty, concern, excellence and teamwork.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree And minimum of 4 years work related experience is required System Analyst (1H) Or
- High School Diploma/GED And minumum of 8 years work related experience required System Analyst (1H)
- Bachelor's Degree And minimum of 4 years work experience is required Sr. System Analyst (2L) Or
- Master's Degree And minimum of 2 years work related experience is required, preferably database scripts, project development, or management Sr. System Analyst (2L)
- Bachelor's Degree And minimum of 2 years work related experience is preferred System Analyst (1H)
Required Work Experience
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment and working with Engineers performing lab testing Req Or
- Understanding of controls and communications for automation Required
- Experience with databases and the use of analystical tools to interpret large datasets Required
- Experience implementing or modifying SCADA and Control Systems. Preferred
- Knowledge of GE XA21 Preferred
- Familiarity of DNP3 communication protocol Preferred
- Familiarity with low voltage distribution equipment Pref
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.