Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Plans, directs and schedules the work of various crews including Substation Electricians and Relay Technicians engaged in construction, maintenance, operation and repair of substation facilities on a regular and emergency basis.
- Supervises, trains and develops employees in conformity with Company policies, labor agreements, legal requirements and other matters so as to maintain efficient productivity and a cooperative attitude among the group.
- Monitors daily work practices for safety and environmental compliance.
- Develops equipment restoration and repair plans while communicating the appropriate policies and procedures to ensure adherence to proper operation, preventative maintenance, repair and restoration of Substation and Relay equipment.
- Prepares reports to reflect progress of scheduled, unscheduled and capital work, employee relations, public relations, working conditions, operating conditions, and other related matters.
- Supervises and reviews the data of work performed by crews to insure conformity with Company accounting, operating and related systems.
- Assists the Managers in any duties of office or field, being available during emergency conditions as required by system conditions (i.e. storms or equipment failure).
- Participates as ''Stand-by Supervisor'' on a 24x7 rotating basis, making decisions with respect to operating problems and contingencies during off-hours and weekends.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 Years related utility work experience in the engineering or operations and maintenance of utility equipment Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 Years related utility work experience in the engineering or operations and maintenance of utility equipment Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 Years related utility work experience in the engineering or operations and maintenance of utility equipment
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering 2 Years related utility work experience in the engineering or operations and maintenance of utility equipment
Required Work Experience
- Must have a basic knowledge of electrical theory and the operation of utility systems. Required
- Demonstrated proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc. Required
- Demonstrated high energy level, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under tight deadlines. Required
- Demonstrated strong organizational, administrative, decision-making and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a solid teamwork orientation. Required
- Must be confident in dealing with all levels of management/union personnel. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Required
- Must have willingness and ability to maintain required authorizations and/or training credentials (e.g. FERC Code of Conduct), as required. Required
- Candidate must be able to pass a Personnel Risk Assessment which includes training and a seven-year background check prior to hiring. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Must be able to read small print and symbols
- Must be able to push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.