Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Design and implement the Utility-Owned and Make-Ready ES projects across all ConEd operating regions.
- Ensures coordination and cross-departmental alignment of ES integration, including but not limited to regional engineering, construction management and substation operations.
- Approve purchase order and vendor payments based on contractual deliverables.
- Assess non-wires alternatives for load relief projects and apply benefit cost analysis to determine the most economical load relief projects.
- Develop RFP and contracts for vendor selections and negotiations. Managed contracts and change orders.
- Develop operating procedures and specifications for design, integrations/testing, commissioning, operations and market participation for each ES assets.
- Conduct studies to determine operational parameters for ES system including cycling, charge/discharge times, bias, thermal runaway etc.
- Manage the design and building of civil infrastructure, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) process and site remediation.
- Apply and file for all the necessary permits and variance from local governing agencies.
- Support the EPC of both Utility Owned and Make-Ready Energy Storage sites.
- Coordinate the permitting and commissioning of Energy Storage systems with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Oversee vendors and ensure they operate within the Company safety, design and constructions practices.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field of study. And Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience. Or
- Master's Degree in Engineering. Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field of study. And Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
Required Work Experience
- 8-10 years Relevant work experience including technical knowledge of Con Edison's electrical system, energy storage systems, project management, and construction. Required
- Proven leadership skills, innovation and ability to adapt to change are essential. Preferred
- The candidate must have good communication, negotiation, and organizational skills with a clear sense of accountability. Preferred
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project), as well as other company software systems. Preferred
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Preferred
- The ability to effectively and positively interact with all levels of management, customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, etc. is essential in this dynamic position. Preferred
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to concurrently handle multiple assignments and projects, be able to implement process improvements, and able to aggressively meet deadlines. Preferred
- Experience and/or working knowledge of energy storage systems, policy and planning are preferred. Pref
- Possess hands-on technical experience with Energy Storage Systems and grid interconnection process. Familiarity with industry standards: NFPA 70, UL 9540a etc., and Professional Engineer (PE) license.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.