Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Partner with energy efficiency, demand management and demand response program managers to develop the annual and five-year budgets, rolling forecasts, and research monthly variances. Report on financial results versus budgets and forecasts to the department and executives.
- Manage the month-end financial close and financial analysis and reporting processes.
- Identify key performance metrics and business drivers for the energy efficiency, demand management and demand response programs.
- Assist with the development of a departmental financial dashboard to capture key performance and financial information.
- Implement and evaluate the department's financial strategy and provide recommendations to support business strategy.
- Prepare and track the department's O&M and Capital project budgets.
- Develop the department's annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that align with the department's strategic business objectives and manage the monthly KPI reporting process.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to oversee the development of financial controls, processes and procedures.
- Manage the invoice and customer incentive payment processes and ensure allocations for invoice payments are accurate and complete.
- Respond to internal/external audit inquiries timely.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree MBA (or in progress) or Masters of Finance/Accounting
Required Work Experience
- 5-7 years Related accounting, financial planning, budgeting, analysis forecasting, and business operations experience Required
- Knowledge of finance and accounting concepts and ability to explain concepts to non-financial professionals. Preferred
- Proven financial modeling skills and ability to perform independent research Preferred
- Experience in developing internal controls and managing processes Preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills Preferred
- Outstanding verbal and writing communication skills Preferred
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to see the big picture and attention to details Preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate with all employee and executive management levels to build consensus Preferred
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), including advanced Excel skills Preferred
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion, Oracle EBS and Oracle Business Intelligence a plus Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) CPA or CMA a plus Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.