Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr. System Analyst will assist in design, installation and monitor IT cloud computing and communications infrastructure, provide timely response and troubleshoot alerts generated by various system performance and security tools. The Analyst will help in protecting the company from all cyber threats and risks.
- Assist in preparing standards based documents for the utilization of cloud computing environments to support Con Edison's information and communications network infrastructure.
- Assist in managing, planning, architecting, and monitoring of cloud systems within Con Ed's security guidelines. This includes knowing and implementing best practices in the deployment and management of hybrid and cloud solutions.
- Provide guidance and consulting on cloud technologies and solutions.
- Support the cyber action team through forensics analysis of systems, malware, or network.
- Assist as project member for vendor installation of computing and communication networks.
- Monitor cloud resources and provide support as necessary to various incident response teams.
- Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Perform project management functions within IT project team environments (manage schedules and budgets).
- Acts as single point of contact for IT for cross-functional company programs, projects and KPIs.
- Coordinates with Engineering and peer IT groups for planning, design package review and integration of IT deliverables into projects.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience; Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology or Engineering or Construction or Business or related field preferred
Required Work Experience
- Technical certifications (e.g. MCSE,CCNA etc.) are preferred but not mandatory Preferred
- Contract administration and contractor oversight Preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience Preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure technologies including Resource Manager, Cost Management, Azure Policy, DevOps, API Management, Azure Active Directory, ADFS, identity protocols, Azure Monitor and App Insights Preferred
- Knowledge of other Cloud providers (AWS, Oracle, etc.) is preferred. Preferred
- Previous Communications, Data Networking and Cyber Security experience is preferred. Preferred
- Knowledge of cloud monitoring and security tools is preferred Preferred
- A good understanding of industry standard policy, processes and procedures covering incident, problem and change management is preferred Preferred
- Experience with the application or design of standards and specifications Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.