Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead the build, implementation and support for all operational requirements for the AMI platform to include: Meter Data Management (MDM) and Meter Asset Management (MAM) systems. This will include but not be limited to the hardware and software selection, system builds and implementation for all instances
- Design, implement and document infrastructure support processes
- Develop a performance management platform to ensure the appropriate capacity planning and performance management systems are utilized to support all AMI systems and infrastructure
- Work closely with both the AMI operations and Network Operations staff to ensure the appropriate monitoring and notifications are developed during the AMI project phase and updated as needed during the steady state for both MAM's and MDM applications and all associated infrastructure
- Develop and implement both infrastructure recovery plans to enable timely failover when necessary
- Responsible for identifying where infrastructure and technology investments are needed and where technical architecture needs updating
- Work closely with vendors and function as the company's lead for infrastructure implementation to insure the design conforms to the technical architecture and standards.
- Modify or extend the technical architecture when it is necessary to accommodate project and operational needs
- Supervisory role to include: scheduling staff, managing project work and ensuring the appropriate resources are in place to support the new AMI system
- Work with AMI vendors and conduct annual infrastructure inspections to ensure architecture complies with new releases for software
- Responsible for the delegation of the Systems Manager when required
- Develop and implement career development plans for staff
- Assign support staff project related work to ensure critical tasks are being completed and the appropriate processes are being followed
- Work with the Systems Manager to identify areas where we can improve and upgrade infrastructure when required in order to meet the objectives of the five year AMI rollout
- Train MAM and MDM senior and system analysts to perform all aspects of implementation and on-going support
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related.
Required Work Experience
- Five years of experience and a proven ability to work with infrastructure and mission critical systems. Required
- Five years or more of project management experience with large infrastructure build outs. Required
- Five years or more experience with systems and network management to include implementing system improvements and assessing network performance risks. Required
- Five or more years of experience with leading cross functional Information Technology teams project work. Required
- Three years or more experience in a supervisory role including: scheduling staff, managing project work and ensuring the appropriate resources are in place to support critical business systems. Required
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal skills. Required
- Works well independently and as part of a team. Required
- Strong leadership skills to include five years of experience leading and facilitating meetings/workshops/training sessions. Required
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project). Required
- Extensive experience with infrastructure build out projects Preferred
- Skilled in project management, network systems design and implementation utilizing state-of-the-art computer, network and communications systems. Preferred
- Extensive hands on experience with implementation and operations support of mission critical enterprise networks Preferred
- Systems and network management, network architecture and technical analysis experience with an emphasis on LAN and WAN communications. Pref
- Project Management Certification (CPM) is preferred. This position also requires experience leading technology project teams and experience with cross functional projects. Expertise in application administration and application architecture is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be flexible with work hours, be on call and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.