Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise in the use of the Company's various computer systems such as the various financial systems (HR Payroll, Oracle Business Software), laboratory systems (e.g. Chromeleon, LIMS, Mainsaver), and the Microsoft Office products,
- Responsible to fill the Emergency Duty Supervisory position to provide a responsible ChemLab contact from all Company Operating Organizations during off-shifts and weekends.
- Responsible for responding to field emergencies on off-shifts and weekends.
- Responsible for working greater than 8 hours per shift on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of department goals.
- Makes inspections of work areas to minimize safety hazards and to see that employees are working safely. Conducts safety talks at regular intervals and encourages participation. Fosters an attitude which promotes and supports environmental compliance and excellence.
- Responsible for monitoring the Laboratory Operation's operating budget. Ensures costs are controlled through the prudent use of consumables and the work force.
- Maintains records on all pertinent data for area of responsibility. Prepares written reports as required related to importance incidents.
- Ensures that good housekeeping and cleanliness practices are followed by frequent inspections of work areas.
- Responsible for creation of corrective action reports.
- Maintains ELAP and ISO certification, including all correspondences and proficiency result submittal.
- Responsible for audit response to outside agencies.
- Responsible for training of technicians on internal procedures (SOPs) for analysis and maintenance of training records.
- Responsible for validation of contract laboratories quality programs.
- Responsible for creating procedures (SOPs) for all new analyses.
- Responsible for updating procedures (SOPs) to reflect latest regulations and guidelines.
- Performs other assigned tasks.
- Perform other related assignments and tasks as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Environmental Science And 4 years Work experience
Required Work Experience
- Work experience required with specific experience in a laboratory or EH&S discipline preferred. Required
- Strong oral and written communications, presentation and interpersonal skills. Required
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Required
- Demonstrated familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Required
- Completion of position-specific EH&S training within 1 year. Required
- Previous laboratory quality management experience. Preferred
- Familiarity with NELAC, ELAP, and ISO requirements and guidelines. Preferred
- Completion of Company CEHSP preferred or successful completion of CEHSP program within 2 years. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within the Company service territory as well outside the service territory, needed.
- Position requires flexibility to work outdoors and rotating shifts.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.