Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The System Analyst is responsible for the on-going enhancement and technical support of the existing IT application portfolio in Business Systems Delivery. This individual will also be responsible for all aspects of new applications development as well as vendor systems implementations: Planning, Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Training, Implementation, and on-ongoing Technical Support. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day IT administrative tasks, problem solving, and issue resolution.
- Project Role: Works with limited supervision on low complexity project tasks.
- Portfolio Scope: Assist in Technology road mapping, Shares limited expertise toward the effort of creating business value. Contribute to the development efforts of in-house built applications and implementation efforts of vendor systems. Support production systems by troubleshooting and resolving low complexity system/client issues. Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Deliverables: Technical designs, programs, low complexity APIs, unit and system test plans, and user guides.
- Business Relationships and Management: Collaborates with subject matter experts to develop deliverables
- Decision Making: Identifies issues, develops alternatives
- People Leadership: Works independently on most tasks. Shares information readily.
- Operations: Resolves incidents under the direction of the manager or team lead.
- Performance Improvement: Participates in IT process improvement task implementations.
- Communications: Communicates regularly, openly, and honestly with manager, team leads, team members and business partners using appropriate and effective methods. Raises concerns appropriately to mitigate issues.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience; Or
- Associate's Degree And a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience; Or
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
- Associate's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
Required Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience with at least 1 of the following technologies:
- Structured Query Language (SQL), such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL;
- Object-oriented programming, such as Microsoft .NET (VB , C#) or Java;
- Oracle RDBMS development (current versions) or SQL Server development (current versions),
- Business Analysis;
- Project Management
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required.
- Experience developing applications and/or databases.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have an excellent work ethic.
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources.
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Oracle PL/SQL development skills required. Knowledge of BI reporting tools preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.