Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare analyses that support revenue allocation and rate design studies that form the basis for the Company's electric and/or steam rates and services to meet the Company's required revenue levels and recognize cost of service indications competitve condiions and customer impacts.
- Prepare with minimal supervision: periodic adjustments applicable to the Company's electric and steam rates and services; forecasts of electric charges and the resulting impacts on customers' bills; and reconciliation of other cost recovery mechanisms.
- Prepare with minimal supervision filing letters and accompanying language to cover routine revisions to the Company's electric and steam tariffs.
- Interpret regulatory Commission orders and determine their impact on the electric and steam tariffs. Prepare necessary tariff language, supporting documentation and work papers in response to Commission orders.
- Represent the Company at meetings with regulatory agencies and outside stakeholders with regard to the Company's rates and tariffs
- Interpret and answer internal and external inquiries, concerning questions on the electric and steam tariff or bill calculations.
- Prepare testimony, exhibits and workpapers for use in regulatory proceedings. As may be required, testify as or provide support for a subject matter expert in regulatory proceedings.
- Interact, communicate and exchange information with personnel from other Company departments, Staff and other utilities in the conduct of job responsibilities.
- Modify and use computer systems, (e.g. personal computer applications and mainframe systems) that provide data analyses, which support the computation of the Company's rates and all other responsibilities of this position; maintain well organized files and accurate records, including maintaining back-up for computer files and safeguarding computer facilities, reports, and workpapers
- Where applicable, train the subsection's personnel to develop the skills required in the preparation of work assignments and establish the subsection's work assignments.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field And Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Master's Degree Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Engineering preferred
Required Work Experience
- At least four years (Sr Analyst 2L) or six years (Sr Rate Analyst 2H) of relevant experience including experience performing technical studies or analyses Required
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines on deliverables requiring a high degree of accuracy Required
- Must possess excellent computer skills with extensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point Required
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills Required
- Must possess excellent mathematical, decision-making and interpersonal skills Required
- Experience with MS Access and SQL preferred Preferred
- Experience with preparation and filing of rate cases preferred Preferred
- Experience with customer mainframe systems and financials systems preferred Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.