Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Project Management is seeking motivated individual to join the New Customer Service System (CSS) project team. The company is embarking the largest software project in history, replacing its legacy systems with a commercial software solution for both Con Edison and Orange & Rockland.
- This role will help identify and analyze risks that could potentially impact the project. This includes working with risk owners to identify risks, introducing the risk to the CORE Team and developing mitigation plans for each risk presented. The individual will own the risk log and closely monitor and update the status for each risk. Additionally, the individual will train employees on the risk management framework and concepts including risk identification and issue management. The individual will work closely with the work streams and corporate Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Internal Audit and Regulatory to ensure adherence to corporate policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines. The individual will ensure excellent customer service, operational excellence and employee safety is incorporated in all aspects for the New CSS project.
- Responsible for updating existing project risk log in DevOps; this includes monitoring existing risks and issues and updating risk status as required
- Identify potential new risks and review proposed new risks with CORE Project Team
- Partner with Risk Owners to analyze risk impact on the project; develop actionable mitigation plans and set impact dates
- Closely monitor risk status with Risk Owners to ensure no material changes that will impact the project
- Lead the CORE Project Weekly Risk Management Meeting
- Train employees on the risk management framework and concepts include risk identification and issue managment
- Adheres to New CSS Guiding principles.
- Build, maintain and enhance business relations with department and workstream leads for the smooth implementation of risk management activities across the project
- Support Corporate Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), SOX and Internal Audit ensuring the CORE project is in compliance with corporate risk management policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines and requirements
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree 5 years work experience
- Master's Degree MBA And 3 years of work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Engineering
- work experience in a related field Risk Management, Project Management preferred
Required Work Experience
- Applied knowledge of operational processes and industry best practices of internal control and risk management and assessment. Required
- Experience in developing/redesigning processes and measuring effectiveness and efficiency Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization. Required
- Ability to understand database concepts as well as technical system attributes and architecture. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines Required
- Able to work effectively with all company departments, various levels of management and third party vendors. Required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Windows environments and Microsoft Office ( word, excel, visio, project and powerpoint). Required
- Must be able to organize and plan workloads for projects and employees Required
- Must demonstrate analytical, technical and interpersonal skills. Required
- Experience working on a enterprise-wide capital project and utility industry is preferred Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
- Must be able to provide off- hour support
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.