Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide support for the planning, procurement, vendor qualification, and contracting for materials and services.
- Work directly with vendors and business users to provide contract administration support.
- Work with the organization on initiatives to achieve cost savings for procurements for material, services, and construction and maintenance of underground and overhead gas, steam and electric transmission facilities, electric and steam generating facilities, and associated corporate and environmental services that ensures quality at the lowest possible total cost to the company.
- Utilize Supply Chain sourcing processes and operating policies & procedures; including developing RFQs, supplier bid evaluations, negotiations, and supplier relationship management.
- Work with the organization on initiatives to manage customer expectations effectively and communicate with customer groups regarding procurement policies as these relate to customer notice provision, requests, etc.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Perform other assignments as requested by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, such as Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Environmental, Finance etc. And 1 year relevant experience including co-op or internship
Required Work Experience
- Has analytical skills that have been demonstrated either in a rigorous curriculum or in a workplace setting Required
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service, the ability to use Microsoft products and the internet for communication and research, and the ability to manage multiple requests at the same time Required
- Demonstrate ability to accept challenges and use creative thinking to analyze data and recommend solutions Required
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact with various levels of management, union personnel, internal and external customers and vendors, as well as outside agencies Required
- Basic Knowledge of Applying Financial Acumen / Industry / Business Acumen Required
- Basic Knowledge of Communicating Effectively / Communication Required
- Basic Knowledge of Problem Solving / Analytics Required
- Basic Knowledge of Supplier Relationship Management Preferred
- Experience in contract writing Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.