Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The HR Professional (HRP) helps align business objectives with the management in the organizations they support. They have a level of specialized knowledge in the HR Field that is used to practice independent judgment and discretion to support internal customer groups. The HRP provides advice and counsel on Human Resource related areas such as employee relations, labor relations, contract administration, staffing, wage and salary administration, employee benefits, employee service programs, record maintenance, performance management, policies and procedures, occupational health, environmental/safety compliance programs and EEO administration. The HRP also leverages HR information systems to support corporate and organizational strategies.
- Act as the liaison between all employees and areas of HR & L&I, thereby ensuring consistency among all procedures and practices.
- Conduct contact-tracing and partner with the Pandemic Team, to ensure safety controls around COVID 19 matters.
- Provides advice and counsel on merit/variable salary guidelines for management employees, and progression /general/merit wage increases and productivity incentives for union employees.
- Provide advice and counsel on Policies, Procedures & Practices (PPP), and other Company policies.
- Partner with the investigative authorities (ODI, BEC, Security) in the Company, as needed. Conduct fact findings at O&R. Reinforce significance of employees' obligation to cooperate in internal investigations and provides appropriate counsel to differentiate and reflect the level of cooperation in the severity of discipline.
- Provide advice and counsel on disciplinary matters for management and weekly employees consistent with respective guidelines and policies. Provide support with the preparation/approval of documents.
- Provides advice and counsel, in the preparation of performance evaluations for both union and management employees.
- Advises and counsels departments/employees on compliance to corporate drug and alcohol testing programs, controlling lost time, accurately reporting excused time, NYS leave, FMLA and NYESSTA laws, FLSA, and fostering compliance with contract administration.
- Educates employees, supervisors, managers on new and existing Human Resource PPPs and Company policies, HRIS, and orients them regarding their responsibilities.
- Facilitates Supervisory Skills training.
- Acts as a resource to the HR Operations support team by sharing experience and job knowledge. Stays current with HR trends and practices; which includes enrolling in applicable classes at TLC (when applicable) as well as attending external training.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 7 years of relevant work experience for the Specialist 1H candidates. 9 Years relevant work experience for the Sr. Specialist 2L candidates. Or
- Associate's Degree And 5 Years or relevant work experience for Specialist the 1H candidates. 7 years of relevant work experience for the Sr. Specialist 2L position. Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of relevant work experience for the Specialist 1H candidates. 5 Years relevant work experienced for the Specialist 2L position.
- Bachelor's Degree (Psychology, HR, Business Management Preferred)
Required Work Experience
- 3 years work experience and/or knowledge of Human Resources related activities such as comp/wage administration, and employee relation matters. Required
- Strong communication (oral/written) and presentation skills. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint). Required
- Strong administrative and organizational skills. Required
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner. Required
- Strong analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities. Required
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to drive results through collaboration with stakeholders. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture as well as attention to detail. Required
- Prior supervisory experience with a line organizational. Preferred
- Experience with HR Information Systems i.e. PeopleSoft HR/Payroll, EPIC, Career Connect, Erecord. Preferred
- Strong demonstrated Oracle HCM Cloud experience. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: SHRM and/or HRCI Certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel to various Company locations required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.