Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Cultivate skills in computer programing, relational databases, operator display support and scripting in Linux.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of system enhancements and patches.
- Help coordinate the activities of software vendors and service contractors.
- Immediately address urgent problems troubleshooting, problem solving and being on a ''on call'' roster to provide needed support during off hours.
- Ensure the daily support and maintenance of databases, displays, software application development, training, ancillary systems such as data historian systems.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the tools for modeling the Electric System including state estimator, contingency analysis and power flow calculations.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to report and address telemetry problem.
- Enforce the change management process to comply with regulatory and departmental procedures, guidelines, and processes while integrating important updates to protection from cyber vulnerabilities.
- Provide leadership and maintain morale.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools and follow procedures and guidelines to ensure complete compliance with the regulatory requirements, including NERC CIP and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of two (2) years of work experience and demonstrated value-added assignments in multiple organizations System Analyst (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of four (4) years of work experience and demonstrated value-added assignments in multiple organizations Sr. System Analyst (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of six (6) years of work experience and demonstrated value-added assignments in multiple organizations System Specialist (2H) Or
- Master's Degree And a minimum of four (4) years of work experience and demonstrated value-added assignments in multiple organizations System Specialist (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Experience using/working with SCADA systems. Required
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite. Required
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines. Required
- Knowledge of power system engineering and principles of system operation is preferred. Preferred
- Experience working with Energy Management System. Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated cybersecurity environment. Preferred
- Be able to evaluate, prioritize and respond to rapidly changing conditions. Requires computer proficiency. Preferred
- Knowledge of scientific programming and critical systems management. Pref
- Experience working with Remote Terminal Units (RTUs).
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Effective leadership skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to respond to system emergencies.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to pass Industrial Psychologist examination.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.