Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Must have a basic understanding of how DER relates to customers and the utility.
- Will assess customer and Company impacts of various DER interconnection proposals to support policy initiatives of the DG Ombudsman related to distribution system operations and both long and short term planning requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of white papers and presentations for upper management.
- Coordinate efforts with diverse groups both internally and externally, and manage special projects as required.
- Exhibit knowledge of the utility business.
- Perform economic analysis from both a corporate and customer point of view. Administers the project reconciliation process as per required timelines.
- Demonstrate problem solving, the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and Company upper management. Monitor Federal, State and City proceedings related to DER.
- Responsible for managing DER interconnections through the Interconnection Online Portal (IOAP). Responsible for maintaining PowerClerk software, and communicating with the vendor.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years work experience managing complex projects Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 years work experience managing complex projects Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years work experience managing complex projects
Required Work Experience
- Must be proactive and flexible; a highly motivated, self-starter, with the ability to understand and deal with technical issues as well as assess customer and Company economics associated with Distributed Generation. Required
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must have excellent analytical skills. Required
- Project management experience required. Required
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills required. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.