Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Under first degree of supervision performs a variety of duties in the Engineering Drafting Group, such as:
- 1. Assist in the preparation of detailed sketches, drawings and diagrams from preliminary layouts and sketches utilizing CAD and/or Hybrid software based on briefing or other information received.
- 2. Performs drafting to accepted company and national standards, e.g., symbols, nomenclature, engineering terms, etc.
- 3. Assist drafter of higher classification in more complex work, as directed by them.
- 4. Assist in field measurements and make field sketches.
- 5. Prepare lists of materials and specifications as directed.
- 6. Accurately interpret routine engineering plans and drawings.
- 7. Assist in calculations and tabulations; gather information from manufacturer's catalogs and drawings and standards.
- 8. Keep an accurate daily log of work assigned and performed.
- 9. Perform other related or less skilled duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience
- Two years of experience as engineering Drafter Entry or Records Clerk B which must include two years of experience with the CAD and Hybrid software currently in use by the company. Required
- High school graduate with two years of documented drafting experience, which must include two years of experience with the CAD and Hybrid software currently in use by the company. Required
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access. Required
- Must be accurate, neat and reliable. Required
- Should have valid license to operate an automobile. Required
- Physical fitness necessary to carry out duties. Req
Licenses & Certifications
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.