Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Oversee and manage activities for all Substation Security Capital Projects, including: inspections, testing, commissioning and delivery of equipment for Substation Operations and other operating groups.
- Serve as the primary Security Coordinator for all of Substation Operations, providing collaboration between all internal and external entities including: Substation Departments, Corporate Security, and outside agencies.
- Attend and participate in Security Operations Team meetings alongside Directors, Section Managers, and formulate a security coordination strategy for Substation Operations in line with the Team's charter.
- Provide direct and indirect supervision to team executing procurement and logistics assignments.
- Develop long-term contract procurement strategy for Substation Operations projects and programs to save costs, shorten lead time and support team's overall productivity.
- Plan, organize, schedule and assign team members to tasks to optimize productivity, under both normal and emergency conditions.
- Participate in planning the transportation of major equipment, including security equipment and large power transformers.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, including individual substations, Project Managers, Construction Management, Central Engineering, Corporate Security, Supply Chain, Accounts Payable, and Facilities & Field Services and Environment, Health & Safety.
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including vendors, agencies and peer utilities.
- Identify and deliver cost savings for Substation Operations by collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures, including those for EH&S.
- Complete assigned and supplementary Security, EH&S and skills training, and monitor same for team.
- Conduct vendor relationship management meetings to improve quality and reduce risk and cost, including through billing and performance dispute resolution.
- Participate in ad hoc activities in support of the department, including security, computing and telecom resource coordination.
- Model behaviors consistent with safety, operational excellence and positive customer experience.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years' experience Substation or Corporate Security, Substation Operations, and/or Construction Management Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 years' experience Substation or Corporate Security, Substation Operations, and/or Construction Management Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years' experience Substation or Corporate Security, Substation Operations, and/or Construction Management
Required Work Experience
- Substation or Corporate Security, Substation Operations, and/or Construction Management Required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills Required
- Operational understanding of Oracle or a similar enterprise resource planning application Required
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.