Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with company policy and governmental regulations.
- Conduct quality control reviews to ensure compliance with regulations, company procedures, engineering specifications, and Substation Operations procedures and instructions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with key stakeholders with the goal of identifying, mitigating, or eliminating potential compliance lapses.
- Coordinate activities to ensure compliance with specifications, standards, procedures, and instructions.
- Conduct quality control reviews and work with stakeholders to address areas for improvement.
- Use technology solutions to identify and analyze risks, trends, and areas for improvement.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to company specifications and procedures for clarity, applicability, field performance and compliance.
- Prepare and oversee the development of compliance reports.
- Track corrective and follow-up actions generated from operational self-assessment, quality assurance reviews, quality control reviews, and audits.
- Work with the various organizations throughout Substation Operations to continue promoting a compliance culture.
- Sustain an environment that fosters leadership, professionalism, honesty, concern, excellence and teamwork.
- Ensure Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- Committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees understand their purpose, feel valued and are collectively aligned towards making improvements across the organization.
- Committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customer's Experience.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree And 2 years of related work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of related work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 3 years of related work experience
Required Work Experience
- 2-3 years field operations experience Req And
- 2-3 years of quality control experience Req And
- Compliance experience Req And
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills Req And
- Must possess strong leadership skills, initiate and champion change, and have the ability to influence and persuade others in order to improve work practices/processes. Req And
- Must be able to deliver exemplary customer service and develop a team spirited work environment in support of Con Edison's Corporate Values. Req And
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be available to respond to emergencies on a 24 hr basis.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.