Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Specialist serves as a member of the Employee Programs & Services team. This position facilitates program management for key employee and long-term leadership development programs, activities and events that promote growth opportunities for employees focused on taking charge of their career. An important focus for this role is a strong dedication to leadership development and the understanding of our core business.
- Handles the coordination, facilitation, and administration of day-to-day activities of several major programs: Leadership Development Program (LDP), Tools for Employees Advancing into Management (TEAM), Leadership Academy for Supervisors (LAS), Tuition Aid, National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS), Power Technology Certificate Program (PTI Transmission), Distribution System Engineering Certificate Program, Comprehensive Project Management (CPM), and Project Risk Management (PRM).
- Handles Tuition Aid Administration activities to include the processing of applications and reimbursements, reporting, and program presentations.
- Handles the coordination and facilitation of program information presentations, seminars, and workshops.
- Develops and fosters strong partnerships with all employee levels to provide ongoing support and seasoned advice and counsel.
- Supports all Learning & Inclusion departments, programs, and initiatives to include the Business Academy.
- Creates, develops and implements program enhancements to support organizational culture change.
- Serves as a corporate liaison to external customers, contractors and vendors, in order to provide educational service program support (i.e. Tuition Aid, NCCRS, PTI, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with the Company's safety, health, environmental, and Diversity and Inclusion programs.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Leadership Development, Organizational Management, Human Resources, Business, Finance, Project Management, or a related business area.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at the exempt level with any combination of leadership development, organizational management, project management, business, managerial/supervisory experience, coaching, problem solving/decision making, consulting, presentation, and/or related experience focused on employee development and results. Req And
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Articulate and responsive to colleagues And
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Effective leadership skills And
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback And
- Demonstrated analytical skills And
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities And
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions And
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information And
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure And
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment And
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills And
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills And
- Friendly and service-oriented And
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision And
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as required.
- Must be able and willing to participate in after-hour company events, as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.