Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Manager is responsible for supporting the safe, reliable, environmentally compliant, efficient and economical generation of electricity and/or steam by tracking and analyzing generating station operational data, evaluating equipment performance, developing IT solutions to improve Steam Operations processes and procedures as well as responding to corporate cyber security requirements.
- Program manager for IT initiatives and IT programs. This includes meeting with Engineering, Station/Distribution personnel and Technical Managers regularly, to identify ways to reach optimal performance at the lowest cost to customers, come up with new cost savings ideas, implement enhancements and apply them consistently throughout Steam Operations. This manager is to also develop guidelines for software packages that are utilized by multiple locations to ensure consistency.
- Lead a team of management employees to achieve the vision of the group. Prioritize work for the team, conduct performance reviews, enable training, and set the strategy for the group.
- Manage Steam Operations IT projects from initiation through project completion. This includes creating project scoping documents, appropriation and requisitions for the acquisition of new technology, management of the software vendors, implementing system changes, updating current working estimates for each project and addressing all technical questions through full project implementation.
- Leverage technology to identify trends, analyze and interpret data for efficiency improvements in station performance with a goal of moving from time-based monitoring toward condition-based monitoring, and improving efficiency in Steam Services and Station Performance reporting.
- Manage and analyze large data streams from steam distribution and generation through the use of technology. Utilize computer programs and modeling techniques to monitor data exceptions, and diagnose problems that affect the cost of steam and equipment reliability. Work with steam generation and distribution to assist in the development of streamlined reporting programs for more efficient data stream utilization.
- Liaison between IT Planning cyber security team, station technical managers and central engineering to ensure all Steam Operations cyber assets are protected and any updates, patches, or scans are performed throughout the organization in a consistent and timely manner.
- Coordinate all cyber security incident responses and NERC cyber alert action items with the technical managers at the Steam stations. Ensure that all action items are addressed in a timely manner and respond to regulating agencies as required.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive IT asset management database and review with engineering to identify necessary updates and future IT infrastructure related projects.
- Lead the IT peer team with the goal of identifying areas of improvement, developing IT initiatives for Steam system enhancement and streamlining databases.
- Ensure compliance and update of all Cyber Security related procedures. Including NERC CIP requirements.
- Evaluate technological enhancements and upgrades from a system perspective as required and make recommendations from an advanced planning perspective. Technology enhancement assessment includes both software and hardware utilized through Steam Operations.
- Manage all existing software licenses, servers, and/or system upgrades. Develop a schedule and budget to ensure that these items are completed by required due dates.
- Evaluate the existing software platforms utilized through Steam Operations to determine their existing maintenance requirements, applicability to serve the business, and the potential to replace and/or combine packages.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, IT or related technical discipline 4 years of relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience in or knowledge of steam/Power utility Engineering, which include boiler, combustion turbines, steam turbines, acceptance testing, plant inspection and the balance of plant auxiliaries. Required
- Will provide technical assistance for the safe, reliable environmentally compliant, efficient and economical generation of electricity and/or steam by tracking and analyzing generating station and system heat rate and evaluating equipment performance. Required
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Oracle BI), SharePoint, and Microsoft Power platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.). Required
- Must work with IT and Generating Stations to upgrade and automate the existing performance tracking system. Required
- Must work with Operational and Technical groups at the Generating Stations to improve IT systems used by stations performance technicians. Required
- Must be highly dedicated with strong communication/interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team. Candidate must be flexible to handle multiple assignments. Required
- Knowledge cyber security industry standards. Required
- Experience in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Cyber Asset management or cyber security. Required
- Knowledge of corporate IT system architecture. Required
- Project management experience. Preferred
- Experience in Software design and/or implementation. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.