Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Associate Specialist is responsible for supporting Government Affairs by monitoring policy and political matters at all levels of government, working with others in the development of background and briefing materials on key matters, and developing summaries, articles, advocacy materials for use by Government Affairs as well as providing broad-based administrative support.
- Monitor policy and political developments. Create background and briefing materials on key matters, and develop summaries, articles, advocacy materials for use by Government Affairs.
- Work with subject matter experts across the company to support the development of background materials and political and policy memorandum for use by Government Affairs.
- Develop advocacy items in the form of documents, presentations, and filings to support Government Affairs advocacy work.
- Assist with the preparation of lobbying and other political disclosure requirements and commitments.
- Support political action committee activities as needed.
- Coordinate Government Affairs meetings as needed.
- At the direction of the manager, provide additional support to the department as needed.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health, and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles and adheres the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Bachelor's Degree and two years of work experience
Required Work Experience
- Must have strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills. Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with management and elected officials and their staffs. Required
- Must be efficient, organized and excellent at follow-through. Required
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Required
- Must also be results and deadline oriented. Required
- Must be politically savvy. Required
- Also must possess a strong sense of professionalism and ability to solve problems creatively. Required
- Experience in politics and an understanding of the legislative and rulemaking processes are essential. Required
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office required. Required
- Some experience working on issues related to the utility industry. Preferred
- Experience in and deep understanding of the legislative process - particularly at the New York State level. Preferred
- Strong project management skills are preferred. Preferred
- General knowledge of company operations, energy and environmental policy issues, energy efficiency, and renewables is preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.