Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide office management support to the IT Business Service Delivery Dept,. Office support includes items that range from maintaining outlook calendars, scheduling meetings, assist with travel, to more complex task such as developing agenda, coordinating and developing presentation material for various types of meetings, host meetings (hybrid or in-person) and ensure deadlines met.
- Must have strong knowledge in technology platforms, including Microsoft suite - OneDrive, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, Project, Share Point and other software like Adobe, Visio, and hybrid work tools. Must be a self-starter and able to learn advanced functions, i.e. Pivot Tables, V-Look up, charts, data trending, etc) quickly.
- Ability to synthesize data, identify trends, and leverage charts to help in decision making. Learn Company tools to facilitate receipting for material and services, payroll, training, etc. Have strong collaboration tools that ensure a positive outcome to all tasks/assignments.
- Be pro-active in all aspects of the job, such as reviewing calendars, meetings to ensure all prep work is planned well ahead of schedule, follow up on all requests, etc.
- Gather facts, analyze findings, and recommend solutions as appropriate and requested. Respond to and track issues that may range from a meeting or an assignment and foster teams to meet all established deadlines.
- Assist our training coordinator, our recruitment efforts, on-site and offsite conferences, procedures management, risk management, software compliance and other initiatives/special projects as needed.
- Support work required for storm mobilization and support.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance, Liberal arts, Design, Computer Science or similar analytical or project management discipline And Full-time or internship experience will count towards the one-year minimum of work experience requirement; Candidates that have participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships for a minimum of six months meet the EP experience requirements.
Required Work Experience
- Supporting a team of technology- based professionals in the planning and implementation of multiple, long- and short-term projects. Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Required
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft suite - OneDrive, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, Project, Share Point and other software like Adobe, Visio, and other hybrid work tools. Required
- Must be a self-starter and able to learn advanced functions, ex. Pivot Tables, V-Look up, charts, data trending, etc., and demonstrate strong learning agility. Required
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a proven track record of working with various employees at all levels, and external vendors. Required
- Project management experience and Certification in Project Management. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.