Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multi-billion dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to drive development of distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating electrification technologies across our customers.
- The Mass Market Energy Efficiency and Heating Electrification Section Manager within Program Delivery oversees all aspects of the Company's energy efficiency and heating electrification programs across the residential and small business customer segments. The Section Manager oversees program managers and their teams to ensure successful development and operations of business strategies related to achieving program savings goals. This includes program design, operations, administration, budgeting, marketing, performance management and analysis, forecasting reporting, process improvement, customer and stakeholder engagement, and managing contracts with external vendors The Section Manager is responsible for fostering a culture of high performance, professional development, and teamwork that values creativity and independent thinking and encourages employees to use their best judgement. The Section Manager engages with Company leadership and other stakeholders and keeps abreast of industry trends.
- This is a senior level manager position that is on the front line of the clean energy transition and supports customers and the built environment to make clean energy choice and reduce greenhouse gas emissions across New York City and Westchester.
- Oversee all aspects of the residential and small business energy efficiency and heating electrification program operations including managing program managers, establishing each program's strategy, controlling qualify, and addressing roadblocks.
- Lead the negotiation and strategy for RFP for all program implementation contractor procurement.
- Continuously drive operational and process improvements.
- Provide thought leadership and direct the outcomes of the teams.
- Work collaboratively with other department sections to enhance program design and optimize portfolio performance to achieve goals.
- Recruit, develop and retain an engaged and diverse workforce.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders such as Regulatory, Strategy, Finance, Engineering, IT, Law, Customer Operations, Corporate Affairs, and Supply Chain.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders such as New York Public Service Commission Regulators and Staff, New York State Energy Research and Development, New York City, and industry leaders.
- Keep abreast of industry trends.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commit to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Economics, Business, climate or related fields preferred And 8 years Relevant work experience
- Master's Degree MBA And 6 years Relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience with clean energy technologies and or programs Required
- Experience managing individuals and teams Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build consensus Required
- Demonstrated writing and oral communications skills Required
- Proven range of presentation skills to various audiences, including customers, teams, executives and industry stakeholders Required
- Proven analytical skills Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail Required
- Experience in vendor oversight, including contract development, monitoring and assessing performance Required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Experience with project management tools Required
- Experience in customer engagement to drive desired participation Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Familiar with New York State's Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act Preferred
- Knowledge of CRM systems Preferred
- Experience in energy efficiency, demand management, demand response or other competitive, market driven utility programs, including project and process management experience Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.