Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Evaluate existing security measures in place to protect the company's assets and devise improvement strategies taking into account operational procedures and financial constraints.
- Prepare detailed well written investigate reports documenting facts and circumstances related to reported incidents.
- Perform off-hour verification of security measures in place including vehicle and package inspections.
- Work varied schedules at the discretion of the (Area) Manager.
- Conduct ad hoc training sessions on protecting company and personal property, violence in the workplace prevention, identity theft preventive measures, etc.
- Liaise with local law enforcement authorizes on matters of mutual interests.
- Oversee the contract guard performance and adherence to generic and site specific post orders and contract specifications.
- Perpetuates a security awareness environment within assigned area.
- Perform maintenance and repair of physical security technical equipment such as cameras, card access and dvrs.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 20 years Law enforcement work experience
Required Work Experience
- Work experience for a minimum of 20 years as a professional law enforcement officer with investigative background or equivalent experience. Required
- Law Enforcement background should include surveillance operations, interviewing techniques and proven liaison experience with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be available to be on-call 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.