Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead the development of energy policy positions and associated regulatory strategies to support the company's Clean Energy Commitment, advance the Company's strategic objectives, and benefit the company's customers, with a focus on federal energy policy and regulatory issues (i.e., transmission development, wholesale energy markets, and renewable energy integration). Advocate for these policy positions with federal and state regulators, in ways that express integrity and authoritative knowledge.
- Advise internal business groups on their strategies to leverage business opportunities related to the clean energy transition.
- Deliver expert knowledge and provide thought leadership to inform senior company management on future regulatory, policy, market, and industry trends.
- Convene and lead internal interdepartmental teams to develop company positions in response to (or anticipation of) regulatory developments and policy trends, and make recommendations to senior management.
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff at ISO/RTOs, regulators, stakeholders, and other utilities to support the Company's regulatory objectives and advocacy strategies.
- Seek leadership roles at ISO/RTO market participant meetings, national association committee meetings and working group meetings to effectively advocate Company positions.
- Monitor and evaluate federal regulatory and energy policy developments and determine their impact on the Company and its customers.
- Oversee and directly prepare analyses, position papers, comments, and presentations that will support implementation of policies that promote Company objectives, while taking into account energy and environmental concerns and customer interests/impacts.
- Inform employees across the company on energy policy and wholesale market issues.
- Bachelor's Degree Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, Policy, or a related field preferred. And at least 8 years Relevant work experience in the utility or energy industry Or
- Master's Degree Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, Policy, or a related field preferred. And at least 6 years Relevant work experience in the utility or energy industry
Required Work Experience
- Experience working in energy policy, regulatory strategy, and/or the regulated utility business, with an emphasis on wholesale energy markets and/or the bulk power system. Required
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and computer skills. Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with various levels of management and representatives of outside organizations. Required
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to read and summarize lengthy documents. Required
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Required
- Must be well-organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. Required
- Strong analytical skills to conduct technical and financial analyses and prepare energy research reports. Required
- Experience with wholesale energy markets or knowledge of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission priorities and processes. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work from the Company's corporate headquarters in New York City.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to travel between New York City and Albany on a regular basis. Other travel, including out of state and overnight, may also be required.
- May be required to carry handouts, laptop computer, etc. to meetings.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.