Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- At O&R we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the Company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Resolve escalated telephone inquires and disputes, commission complaints, and prepare written executive communication responses.
- Compile statistical data regarding regulatory complaints and trend analysis for review with the Manager.
- Maintain databases, spreadsheets, graphs and other tools to enhance analysis of customer inquiries, as directed.
- Assist in the preparation month-end reports, status updates for monthly departmental progress report, KPI's goals, and other regulatory reports as needed.
- Identify research and resolve any issues that deter the successful completion of any customer interaction.
- Assist with the maintenance the Company's Medical Hardship and Life Support programs in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Develop a working knowledge of the various regulatory requirements (e.g., HEFPA, shared meters, and service terminations).
- Participates in the Company's Storm Plan with your assignment to the Special Response Team. The team is responsible for handling emergency phones, escalated calls, regulatory customers with Life Support Equipment customers.
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree And with a minimum of two years related work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And with a minimum of three years related work experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And with a minimum of five years of related work experience
Required Work Experience
- Related work is defined as customer service or customer communication experience. Required
- Must be able to adapt quickly and take direction from different supervisors. Required
- Must possess excellent listening, oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must have excellent telephone skills. Required
- Must be well organized, detail orientated and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) is required. Proficiency in Access is preferred. Required
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information. Required
- Must have a good understanding of Company policies and procedures. Required
- Possess excellent working knowledge of the Customer information Management System (CIMS) is preferred, but not limited to experience and knowledge of other customer systems. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.