Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead a Project Team in the planning and implementation of all activities for the successful construction, testing and turnover of major projects and programs in System and Transmission Operations Clean Energy Portfolio including 3rd Party Development and Interconnection projects, as well as interconnection projects and work for other organizations.
- Oversee all financial (budgets, Billing Order, current working estimates, etc.) and scheduling aspects of the portfolio.
- Ensures that the proper and timely permits and licenses are obtained and construction and commissioning activities are properly conducted.
- Ensures the proper execution of all commercial and regulatory contract requirements and commitments associated with the assigned portfolio.
- Collaborate with key stakeholder organizations to develop and oversee the team that implements project delivery strategies, specifically non-traditional/innovative methodologies that support critical project goals and constraints in the S&TO Clean Energy Portfolio; includes supporting contract development, negotiation, and execution, as well as gathering data and lessons learned for the purposes of continuous improvement.
- Perform data collection, organization, and tracking necessary to ensure accurate, on-demand project reporting in a range of areas, including compliance with project schedules, budgets, scopes, and customer requirements; includes understanding technical inputs and communicating results to a range of stakeholders, and formulating work plans and tasks to ensure performance meets or exceeds project requirements and customer expectations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service and an ability to manage a range of stakeholders, both within the Company and externally; includes facilitating efficient problem solving, balancing customer needs against project requirements, and employing conflict resolution practices where required, as well as writing technical documents and preparing other professional communications that may be distributed to a varied audience.
- Act as a liaison for all regulatory and public officials during project implementation, and address community concerns associated with the project.
- Ensure human performance improvement tools are integrated in the planning and execution of projects to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customers Experience.
- Must be committed to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S).
- Support the needs of Con Edison during System Emergencies and Equipment Outages.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Applied Physics, Business or a related field And 8 years professional experience, including experience with long-duration major development, infrastructure or Utility projects, environmental constraints, regulatory considerations, complex procurement and contracting and other complicating factors Or
- Master's Degree in Business, or equivalent And 6 years professional experience, including experience with long-duration major development, infrastructure or Utility projects, environmental constraints, regulatory considerations, complex procurement and contracting and other complicating factors
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while successfully leading projects and programs to on-schedule and within budget completion. Required
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, management and computer skills. Required
- Demonstrated decisiveness in resolving project issues, prioritizing and decision-making. Required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with various levels of management and representatives of outside organizations. Required
- Be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Required
- Demonstrated quantitative, analytical and reasoning abilities, with strong numeric calculation skills, including an ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Required
- Familiarity with electrical systems and electric overhead & underground transmission and substation construction. Required
- Proven track record of relationship building skills, and an ability to take charge and run multi-discipline, stakeholder meetings. Required
- Understanding of and familiarity with the Federal Interconnection Process, including Attachments X, P, Y, and S of the New York Open Access Transmission Tariff. Preferred
- Familiarity with scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or Primavera P6. Preferred
- Experience in the areas of operations and maintenance of electrical distribution and transmission facilities. Preferred
- Construction experience including experience working on large multi-million dollar construction. Preferred
- Development experience including experience working on large multi-million-dollar clean energy projects. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) 1 Year Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.