Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead the Rate Strategy and Analysis section in Rate Engineering in developing electric, gas and steam rate design strategies and associated analyses for Con Edison and Orange & Rockland, which includes the development of: rate design and implementation strategies to address emerging challenges, such as mass market rate reform, electrification of heating and transportation, and increased penetration of distributed energy resources; and analyses necessary to understand impacts of various rate designs on customers bills and on technology adoption.
- Review and guide the work of and develop the skills of direct reports so they can easily adapt to changing business needs and develop strategies that support corporate goals.
- Develop capabilities to analyze large volumes of customer usage data in the assessment of rate design options and impacts on customers.
- Prepare and present testimony for presentation to regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and public forums justifying the Company's rate design strategy and associated policy positions. Direct the preparation of associated exhibits and work papers in support of such testimony. Analyze testimony and exhibits of other parties and, in consultation with other departments, prepare rebuttal testimony, data responses and cross-examination.
- Interpret regulatory commission orders and other regulatory commission or governmental directives, and determine their impact on rate strategies and goals. Provide guidance to other departments regarding Company responses to proposed rate-related legislation or other rulemakings.
- Actively participate in industry groups and research rate design developments in other jurisdictions. Follow industry trends on emerging rate forms and customer end-use technologies and how various rate forms affect the economics of such technologies.
- Understand goals of other groups within the Company and how rate design affects them.
- Represent the Company at meetings with regulatory agencies and other external stakeholders, and maintain open communication with regard to rate design issues. Respond to inquiries from all such stakeholders, including explaining the rationale underlying the Company's rate design strategies.
- Present at meetings both internal (to all levels of employees) and external to the Company.
- Maintain and promote comprehensive documentation and accurate records, practice good housekeeping, follow Company safety procedures, and safeguard computers, computer files, reports and work papers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Related Disciplines And 8 years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years experience in utility rate matters
Relevant Work Experience
- In-depth knowledge of utility rate-making issues including rate design, industry trends, and customer billing practices. Required
- Must demonstrate leadership experience. Required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers (both internal and external to the Company), support staff, various levels of management, and regulatory agencies. Required
- Must be able to transfer knowledge to peers and train staff. Required
- Must have strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills. Required
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Must have excellent project planning and research skills. Required
- Must be able to work harmoniously with all department and Company personnel. Required
- Experience with and understanding of the Company's AMI customer interval and billing data. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data And
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within O&R and CECONY service territory, as needed.
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.