Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Project Role: Leads significant tasks within a project. Identifies business opportunities related to strategic objectives
- Portfolio Scope: Assists in planning and road mapping, including analyzing technology components for vendor support and cyber security compliance. Work on developing in-house applications and assist in the implementation of Vendor applications. Maintain and support one or more existing applications including monitoring product license compliance.
- Deliverables: Subsystem designs, end-to-end flow diagrams, use cases, complex APIs and modules, data models, as well as managing the expected artifacts for Agile/scrum project work (user stories, tasks, etc.). Focus on driving toward Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) processes and frequent customer testing.
- Business Relationships and Management: Provides project deliverable updates to the various project teams, reports and manages critical issues. Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues. Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Engages vendors/sponsors at the right level of detail (for example, in weekly status meetings). Proactively engages others outside the project teams to bring in expertise to work to solve technical issues.
- Decision Making: Identifies issues, develops alternatives and solutions, provides recommendations
- People Leadership: Works independently and provides guidance to other employees and contractors. Actively seeks input from team members to facilitate quick resolution to issues. Demonstrates commitment and integrity and serve as a role model for team members
- Operations: Conducts incident triage, remediation, root cause analysis and recommends preventive actions including HPI.
- Communications: Strengthens business relationships, managing and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders. Leads or contributes to team discussions. Proactively raises issues.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree And with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience Or
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree And with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus.
Required Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience with at least two (2) of the following technologies:
- Cloud environment architecture;
- Microsoft Azure technical expertise (specifically API Management);
- Technical project development using Microsoft .NET (C# preferred);
- Mobile Application architecture design and development;
- Project Management Required
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Required
- Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required
- Must have excellent work ethics and integrity. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget. Required
- Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project is a plus. Required
- Formal training in Project Management is a plus Preferred
- Formal Project Management and/or Business Analysis skills a plus. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Effective leadership skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.