Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide cost and contract administration support to section managers and engineers within Central Engineering. Oversee the process for Central Engineering to obtain outside engineering outside and design services and ensure adherence to Central Engineering's operating manual by monitoring the bid solicitation and awarding process.
- Ensure that an increase for a project as a result of project change request are processed correctly in accordance with operating procedures.
- Coordinate with the various engineering departments within Central Engineering, Accounts Payable, Cost management, Law Department and Supply Chain.
- Provide accrual information monthly basis for projects to reflect current corporate liabilities.
- Oversee the bi-annual submittal of Contractor Field Observations Reports and Contractor Evaluation Reports by Central Engineering engineers for projects that are in process.
- Assist with the revision and update operating procedures as required and instructions for Central Engineering electronic forms as necessary.
- Identify, recommend, and implement methods for productivity improvements and cost reductions within Central Engineering for procurement and the contract administration group.
- Review invoices submitted by outside contractors to ensure compliance with operating procedure.
- Assist, coach, and train Central Engineering engineers on the process for obtaining outside engineering and design services to ensure adherence to Central Engineering's operating manual.
- Maintain compliance with corporate safety, OSHA and other governmental requirements and reviews the established training curriculum to assure the needs of the organization and provides contractor supported training when needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree And 5 years work experience in the area of procurement, logistics, business, finance, accounting or applicable area
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Engineering And 5 years work experience in the area of procurement, logistics, business, finance, accounting or applicable area
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills and possess the ability to interact with corporate organizations, vendor's and various levels of upper management. Required
- Knowledge of the Contractor Oversight System. Required
- Familiarity with the accrual process. Required
- Proficiency in Oracle EBS and familiarity with Oracle Business Intelligence. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with corporate mainframe applications. Required
- Prior experience working in Purchasing and a broad understanding of the procurement process. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory.
- Must be willing and able to perform field walks (ex: for pee-bid meetings) as needed.
- Must be willing and able to wear required PPE for field walks, and other assignments as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.