Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Participate in development of distribution-level market design for DER procurement for the utility's new role of Distributed System Platform (DSP), entails defining market structure, roles of market participants, products and services, procurement options, and market rules.
- Lead analysis of market model alternatives to facilitate informed decision making and set the Company's strategic policy direction; includes preparation and presentation of findings to senior management.
- Evaluate alternatives to coordinate retail and wholesale operation to optimize system efficiency and realization of DER values.
- Promote communication with various internal and external stakeholders, including senior management, Market Design Working Groups, and policy makers.
- Lead research, economic modeling, and financial analysis to support company positions.
- Support various regulatory and rate case filings.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, or an equivalent required with 3 years of industry experience. Or
- Master's Degree Master of Science (M.S.) or Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degrees preferred with 2 years of experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Work experience that includes applied economics and modeling is required; knowledge of production cost modeling, resource planning, or cost-benefit analysis is a benefit. Ability to do both independent, rigorous research and also contribute in a fast-paced, cross-functional, team environment is essential.
- Experience in developing comprehensive and analytical spreadsheet models in Excel is required.
- Demonstrated capability to perform rigorous economic and financial analyses, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of integrated resource planning techniques, environmental policies affecting the electric utility industry, and working knowledge of electric rate tariffs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.