Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Direct major system expansion, upgrade and construction projects. This includes responsibility for providing oversight and leadership for implementation of the project, and providing monthly project progress and financial reports to the appropriate company personnel. Direct project activities and continually assess contractor and Company manpower requirements, budgets and schedules.
- Acts as a liaison with all Company Departments during project implementation. Assures that all necessary permits, fees and licenses are secured.
- Provides close liaison with Engineering, Purchasing, Operations and other departments.
- Ensures contractor adherence to specifications, drawings, safety rules, company and regulatory requirements and any special conditions. Monitors schedules and progress and cost control of work program components.
- Attends design meetings, field visits, field walks and pre-award meetings.
- Ensures that the necessary outages are identified and obtains necessary outages and work permits, to start, continue and complete field work.
- Initiates contract close-out procedures and performs contractor evaluations. Ensures operating instructions are developed and forwarded to the applicable user groups. Ensures field changes are handled in a timely manner. Manages all contractor claims.
- Ensures potential community concerns associated with the project are addressed in conjunction with Engineering and Public Affairs.
- Schedules and leads project planning and construction meetings, both internal and external.
- Reviews field drawings and specifications for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensures compliance with operating, housekeeping, and safety procedures which will provide for employee safety and welfare.
- Investigates and reviews wetlands, flood plains and other environmental impact issues to develop SWP, EHASP and other environmental plans as necessary for project approvals and construction in conjunction with Engineering.
- Reviews site screening and other potential municipal requirements; engages municipal leaders and building departments for comments in conjunction with Engineering and Public Affairs.
- Understands construction and operation of gas and electric delivery systems.
- Uses tools such as MS Project, as well as other Financial and Project Management tools used to manage construction projects.
- ln conjunction with Public Affairs and Engineering, meets with municipal leaders to discuss the project to assure timely approvals.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Project Management is preferred.
Required Work Experience
- 8+ years related engineering and/or construction experience, including involvement project or construction management. Required
- Must have strong presentation, public speaking, and technical writing skills. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must have strong analytical, technical, and leadership skills. Must have demonstrated leadership ability and proven track record of achieving sustainable results in managing projects, systems implementation and process documentation. Required
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required. Required
- Must be creative and have the ability to work in a team atmosphere. Required
- Must be willing and available to respond to system and Company emergencies. Required
- Must have the means, and be able to travel to various Company locations as required. Required
- Familiarity with utility system design and construction. Preferred
- The demonstrated ability to train and supervise other employees. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or ability to obtain. 1 Year Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.